Thursday 25 May 2017

Oh-oh, I'm falling in love again - Marty Wilde

Released in 1958, 'Oh-oh, I'm falling in love again' was one of the earliest Marty Wilde singles ever released. At this stage, singles were still being released as 78 rpm discs as well, but while I'm still after those, it was good to find this little gem.

Marty Wilde and his band the Wildcats recorded this track which was originally released by Jimmie Rodgers who had a hit with it in the USA. Marty's version failed to chart but he still managed to have five top 10 hits in 1958 and 1959. 

My collection: 7" single no. 5836
Found: Discogs.com, received May 16, 2017
Cost: 3 euro
Tracks: 'Oh-oh I'm falling in love again' / 'Sing boy sing'

Listen to the song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising