Tuesday 25 April 2017

What'cha gonna do for me - Jody Watley

Jody Watley had a nice career going in the Eighties, especially with singles like Looking for a new love and Still a thrill. By the end of the decade, not so much. This single faded into obscurity rather quickly and she didn't return into the charts until 1993, when her song 'When a man loves a woman' (not a cover version) reached number 33 in the UK singles charts.

'What'cha gonna do for me' was taken from her 1989 album 'Larger than life', but didn't reach the charts anywhere. The sleeve looks colourful enough, and the song isn't half bad either. I don't know what went wrong there...

My collection: 7" single no. 5808
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 8, 2017
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'What'cha gonna do for me' / 'What'cha gonna do for me (dub)'

Listen to the song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising